Here are my tips for selling second hand goods online:
- Set the price higher then you’re willing to accept to allow for negotiation room.
- Do your research and be realistic about the value of your item.
- Sell items that are in good condition (i.e. not junk unless it’s an antique). Or, be willing to give these items away for free.
- Add decent descriptions to items and include lots of photos.
- Look at all options, such as buy, swap and sell pages in addition to Gumtree, Ebay and Facebook.
- Ebay is usually best for electronics. Gumtree is usually best for most other items.